The forum for animal lovers!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi I'm Josh

4 posters

Go down

Hi I'm Josh Empty Hi I'm Josh

Post  Josh1801 Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:33 pm

Hi,
I'm Josh, good friend of Edge and Red. My family have recently got a dog name Merlin, a three year old collie cross spaniel shown below (hopefully). Hi I'm Josh Dsc00610

Josh1801

Back to top Go down

Hi I'm Josh Empty Re: Hi I'm Josh

Post  Admin Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:44 pm

AAAAAGH WE GOT TO SEE A PIC OF MERLIN!!!! cheers bounce Laughing Laughing

Whoo you have made my day I've been so excited to see him Smile Wow he looks very different from most other collie x spaniels, has he had his fur coat or is it naturally short? He's really cute!

He kinda looks like he has another breed mixed in there, because he has a blocky head, like a lab or something, actually he does have quite a few lab qualities! - it's very intriguing Very Happy And rescues do often get their information wrong, especially breed mixes - you should get a DNA test done Laughing ...oh Josh he is GORGEOUS!! Absolutely beautiful! How is he with other dogs?! I'll bet Kasper would love him Cool

How is he settling in? Is he very energetic? He looks amazingly calm and settled in the pic. Have you had any humourous accidents yet like when Kasper chewed through a door?! Laughing

Eeeeh! Smile

Admin
Admin

https://budgie.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh1801 Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:35 am

Lol you sound really excited Smile

I think he is naturally a short coat the pic is from the day we collected him Smile. I'll tell him that you said he was cute.

Yeah we think he does have other qualities too but we're not too sure what other breeds he has come from my dad thinks he might have a bit of a Lurcher-type dog in him. Is it easy to do a DNA test?? Yeah he is a nice looking dog, a lot of people have said he has a really nice face. When we take him on walks when he sees another dog he makes a sort of excited whine but when he gets to them he is quite laid back and just has a sniff. When he has met some of our friends dogs hes been quite playful so in my experience he has been quite nice. Yeah I reckon so would be nice for them to meet but would be quite far for them to meet.

He seems to be settling in well Smile. He can be quite energetic especially when on walks but is quite calm when he is at home (most of the time). Um the first time we took him for a walk we came home and I let him off his lead and he ran straight in to the patio doors as they are made of glass he thought they were open. He likes to put his teeth around things, he was given a teddy yeterday and manage to rip off the nose so all the stuffing was coming out beyond that no humourous accidents so far Smile.

How is Kasper by the way?

Josh1801

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh1801 Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:42 am

This was Merlin in the car very excited Smile

Hi I'm Josh Dsc00612

and this is the ill fated teddy bear

Hi I'm Josh Dsc00613

Josh1801

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:48 pm

Ahh he is so cute!! That teddy pic is adorable!!

Oh yeah, stuffed toys have way more stuffing than you think Laughing

Hi I'm Josh Jan19-1

Haha he has the same excited eyes as Kasper in the car. We call them his hyper eyes Laughing Yeah I know quite a few people who have done a DNA test for their dogs, I'll try and find out a good brand...most of them live in America though so I don't know if you'd be able to buy them of the tinterwebs and have the test shipped over. They're surprisingly reliable and trace Merlin's parents and grandparents I seem to recall - would be very interesting Wink

Ah, when Lyle can drive we'll have to come for a holiday near where you live so the two dogs can meet Smile (and so we can see you of course!! Laughing )

Kasper is fine, he was poorly 3 days ago but is fully recovered now. On his morning walk this horrible snarling springer spaniel broke through a garden fence and was trying to attack him whilst I tried to get in front of it yelling and stamping my feet Rolling Eyes Eventually the owner came out and got the dog back in and was very apologetic and Kasper wasn't hurt so it was okay, but sheesh!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Janet2012 Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:05 pm

Hello Josh welcome I am new to the forum too. Your dog looks so sweet my son has a dog that we believe has Labrador in and he looks similar to your dog with the head. Where was Merlin from he llooks full of fun!

Janet2012

Back to top Go down

Hi I'm Josh Empty Yo

Post  Edge Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:11 pm

Hey Josh! Glad you made it!

Merlin looks lovely! I like that he already has funny stories attached even though you've not had him a week yet. God knows we have enough daft dog tales! Razz

Can't quite tell what breeds are in him either...I would guess a pinch of lab though...it would be cool if you were able to do the DNA thing! Might have all sorts of surprises in.

Nice to see you here anyhow and enjoy the forum Very Happy

Edge

Edge

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:44 pm

Hey Josh! Just very quickly as Kasp's kicking up a fuss to go out! Smile This is the DNA test everyone seems to think is really good; quite pricey but just put 'dog DNA test' in on amazon and see what results come up Smile

http://www.amazon.com/Wisdom-Mixed-Breed-DNA-Test/dp/B004GFN2ZA/

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh1801 Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:51 pm

Poor duck (?) teddy in Kasper's picture that is a lot of stuffing Smile.

Does that mean Lyle is learning to drive or is this a future theoretical situation lol? But that would be really cool Smile. Poor Kasper at least he wasn't hurt and hope he is better Smile.

Hi Janet we got Merlin from the dogs trust in Roden near Shrewsbury athough think the dog centre is technically in Telford. Might well have some labrador in him then Smile

Lol hopefuly many more daft stories will arise Smile 1 week now. Lol then we can share daft Kasper and Merlin stories lol.

Thank you Edge will enjoy the forum Smile

Fairly pricey so may not happen for a while or may be left to be a mystery Smile

Josh1801

Back to top Go down

Post  Janet2012 Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:36 pm

That's lovely that you have adopted him and lovely that he's settling in.

Dog dna tests whatever next! What an interesting idea I wonder if my son would be interested in one for Benny! It would be innterested to know what he is made up of!

Janet2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:06 pm

I really wanna get a dog where the DNA test would actually be worth it...a true mutt where I could only guess one breed and knew there were loads more! I always wanna get one for Kasp to see what other breeds are in his ancestry, but it's really not worth it because he could well just be 50% collie 50% Springer, I don't see anything else in him Laughing

Someone got a dog, I think she bought it from a back-yard-breeder, that she was told was pure chihuahua, but she thought there was something else in it. She did the Wisdom DNA test and there was beagle, Jack Russel, Corgi and loads of other breeds I can't remember Laughing

I think the teddy was a chicken...it had a beak where you put your hand in like a puppet and sang old McDonald...it was singing as Kasper was destroying it Laughing

Haha Lyle's been meaning to learn to drive for ages, but since we moved here it's kinda fallen back a while...we live like a 5 minute walk to a train station so we have really quick cheap transport already Smile But it would be awesome if he could drive 'cos we could go visiting people and it's easier to go on holiday with Kasper with a car! Smile

I can't believe you've had Merlin a week already, first milestone checked! Wink I remember when we got Kasper I was counting down like, we've had him 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month etc Laughing

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh1801 Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:29 am

Yeah we're glad he settled in nicely, its our family's first dog so is a new experience but we're really enjoying having Merlin so far. I'd never heard of dog DNA tests either until this forum lol.

That would be cool Red or even more interesting if you couldn't figure out any breeds in would be a complete mystery. I can see the dilemma if Kasper is 50/50 then it may seem a waste of money but might be nice to confirm it however would be interesting to find out he also has other types of dog in him Smile.

Lol that is quite a mixture.

That is sort of horrifying yet cool poor chicken singing until the end.

Maybe one day would be really cool Smile. Although as you say the train station is really close, I've still got to come up and visit sometime when I get some money lol I'm still beating Talulah right lol?

Hopefully the first of many milestones Smile

Josh1801

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:53 pm

Of course you're still beating Tallulah hahaha he's never gonna come! Laughing Yeah would be awesome to have you here ^__^

It'd be so cool if Kasper had a really wacky breed in him or one that none of us expected...haha you've made me want to do one now maybe I'll ask for a dog DNA test for my birthday! Razz

Me and Lyle were trying to think if you'd had a dog before but all we could come up with was a hamster lol. Dear god the budgies are throwing seed at me!!!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh1801 Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:55 am

Lol thats ok then Smile how is Talulah by the way (if you have heard from him)? Would be awesome to come visit Smile

Lol it's be funny if Kasper has Chiuhaha or Irish Wolf Hound or something. Well your birthday is coming up in October so not too far away lol.

Well remembered about the hamster lol, we've had 3 in the past none now though, we also use to have an aquarium of fish and a goldfish in the distant past. My mum's parents have always had dogs so my mum grew up having dogs. Naughty Budgies lol wonder if that was caught on the cam??

Josh1801

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:34 pm

Ha I was speaking to Tallulah for like 6 hours a couple night ago lol! It was mental...he's okay, still at home. He says he wants to move up to Yorkshire at some point but who knows if / when that would happen! Razz

Chihuahua would be brilliant! I have so many things I want for my birthday lol I don't know if I can ask for anything else!! Laughing They're not exciting though...one of them is a garden landscaper so that we can get the fences fixed so Kasper can go down there! I suppose if I get any birthday money I could get one myself though Very Happy

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh1801 Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:12 pm

Lol thats cool glad he is doing well. I know its a long time ago now but I sure hope he carried on the birthday shot tradition even if last time was "worse than fifty Hitler's in a long man conga" (might be paraphrasing lol).That would be cool I think Yorkshire needs more ex-E Blockers lol.

That would be quite funny Smile. Well fixed fences are useful and you won't have to worry about Kasper Smile you'll just have to see what happens I suppose? That is also true Smile Are you doing anything for your birthday?

P.S ahh page 2 lol

Josh1801

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:01 pm

Woohoo think that's our second 2 page thread on the forum congratulations Josh Laughing

No birthday plans as of yet (other than our letting agency need to do a house inspection = whoo lots of cleaning hahaha!!! Laughing ) but I'd imagine plans will probably include drinking at some point Laughing And yes, we definitely need to get all our ex-E Blockers up here at some point - this includes YOU Josh mwahahaha! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Hmm, maybe we should try get Tallulah up for his birthday again, but then I think we are just spoiling him and he's just using us for birthday parties so maybe not, he can make the effort LOL! Razz

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum