The forum for animal lovers!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another topic this time it is Vera

3 posters

Go down

Another topic this time it is Vera Empty Another topic this time it is Vera

Post  Janet2012 Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:08 pm

So I think others on the forum have a cat or more so perhaps they can help Vera as I have mentioned is very old although we do not know her exact age she is getting on. Well obviously she has had a verry stressful weekend as benny was here which meant Vera stayed in our bedroom but she has started toileting not in her cat litter tray! Now she has never done this before and it isnt solids she has done it on our clean clothes and our bed and now benny has gone she has done it on the settee too I wondered if it is stress related or if it something more serious she doesn't seem to be acting unusually.

Janet2012

Back to top Go down

Another topic this time it is Vera Empty Re: Another topic this time it is Vera

Post  Admin Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:25 pm

I don't have a cat however I did read this book about cats once that said if a cat is urinating inside when it is litter trained, especially if it's urinating in comforting places (such as soft places or places that smell of their owners) then it could be a urinary tract infection, or something like that anyway...if she's still doing it maybe taking her to the vets would be best Neutral

Admin
Admin

https://budgie.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Janet2012 Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:14 pm

My apologise Red I completely forgot about this yes we did take Vera to the vets nd after numerous tests unfortunately we have found she has problems with her kidneys. We are all very sad as we can't imagine life withoiut her but we have a very good vet and she could still have months to years left yet so we just have to cross our fingers and give her love and care. The urination was probably caused by stress and because of the kidney problems Vera is drinking and urinating more which would have helped. We are just glad to have herr in our lives and will love her for what time we have left.

Janet2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:11 pm

Sorry to hear that Janet Neutral Is there anything that can be done to help her? How will this impact on her life?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Janet2012 Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:38 pm

We are still getting used to it all really Red we have add to change a lot of things around. Kidney damage can not be made better it is a degenerative illness it's more a case of managing it. We are to give her medication and broths to keep her fluid up and she is to be fed a special food for cats with kidney problems which the vet said can help improve her life expectancy double if we chose not to feed her it.

Janet2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:27 pm

Ah I didn't realise that, sorry to hear that. Still she has reached a very impressive age so far and if she has years ahead of her she has had a very happy and loving life for a cat Smile

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Janet2012 Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:28 pm

Sorry I've not been here for a while. Last Sunday Vera had to be put to sleep because the kidney problems got worse. I've been so upset but had to remind myself she had a good long life. I'm still strugling with her not being around as she's been a part of the family so long. My son brought Benny round to try and cheer me up and he too is devastated.

Janet2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:32 pm

Oh no Janet I am so so sorry to hear this Sad I can only imagine how hard it is to lose a much-loved pet you have had for so long so suddenly. We're sending you all our love here I love you

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:31 pm

How are you doing Janet? I love you

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Edge Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:38 pm

I was so sorry to hear about Vera, I hope your ok Janet

Edge

Edge

Back to top Go down

Post  Janet2012 Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:08 pm

Sorry to have abandoned you all!!! After Vera left us we struggled a lot and missed her Terribly so for the past fortnight we have been looking to rehome a cat in need from adoption. We don't want to rush into thinggs and obviously he or she can never replace Vera but we feel we need another cat to love. Any advice on rehoming would be much appreicated thank you.

Janet2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:46 pm

Well I think I might be a bit late for this!!

Don't choose a cat for his/her looks (which I'm sure you already know!) Get as much history as you can about the cat. Ask about any medical problems. Check that the cat has had a vet check, ask if any procedures are required from you, eg spaying. Most of all, have fun finding your new furry friend!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down