The forum for animal lovers!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New budgie owner!!

4 posters

Go down

New budgie owner!! Empty New budgie owner!!

Post  kevrox Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:22 pm

Hey everyone I just got a budgie last weekend after asking my parents for one for ages Rolling Eyes and they finally said yes!! bounce lol! Our budgies called Snoop hes kinda light blueish in colour and really cute. I found your website online and then your forum and I don't think I;m doing the whole budgie owner thing right so far affraid affraid

The cage we got is like quite small like a standard budgie cage. I want to get a bigger one but I didn't realise you could use any cage duh I thought youd have to get a budgie cage. And my parents have had budgies ages ago and they used a cage like this so. But it's pretty small compared to yours so I wanna upgrade Suspect Where can I get a good cage from but that's like not too expensive? king It's have to cost around £30...my parents might lend me some money but not much because they just bought all this!!!! tongue

Also I really want to get another budgie because I think Snoops really lonely. He just sits on a perch by a mirror and like doesnt move or make any sound. But he doesnt really have any toys yet so it could be that...any help will be great lol!

Last edited by kevrox on Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistake)

kevrox

Back to top Go down

New budgie owner!! Empty Re: New budgie owner!!

Post  Admin Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:52 pm

Welcome Kevrox! I think I know the sort of cage you have, my first budgie lived in one. Is it square with plastic perches and a pull-out tray at the bottom?

Snoop's a cute name and he even kinda sounds like my first budgie, is he kind of grayish blue in colour? We have our two in a Jenny Rat Cage which works brilliantly (apart from being slightly trickier to clean out than a bird cage!), but it cost £80 so isn't that cheap! Smile We had our two rats in it originally you see.

Have you tried Zooplus? Or just typing discount budgie cages on google? Also local pet shops tend to be more competitively priced than chains such as Pets At Home. I'll have a look around and see if I can find anything that fits what you want Wink

Good luck! Smile

Admin
Admin

https://budgie.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:55 pm

Oooh ooh! Okay, I just checked Zooplus and they are selling a bird cage that sounds perfect! It's the exact same dimensions as our budgie cage, but about half the height. So I'd imagine it's significantly bigger than the cage you have. AND, even better, it only costs £19! It's while stocks last though so you may need to get in there quick! Smile

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/birds/bird_cages_and_accessories/parakeet_cages/cages/261925

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Janet2012 Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:32 pm

Welcome to the forum and to your budgie too.

Janet2012

Back to top Go down

Post  kevrox Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:52 pm

Sweet that is totally what I was after bounce Basketball I just got back from school and my mum isnt back yet but she or my dad will order it for me tonight. They cant complain either it's all my money!!!!! What a Face That's totally big enough for two and like three times as big as the one Snoops in now haha Smile

Thanks for the welcomes too alien

kevrox

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:21 pm

Haha awesome I feel like I was useful lol!

I thought it was really cool that it was the exact measurements of our cage, but exactly half the height...plenty of room for two budgies to play, but small enough not to get in the way! Smile

Let me know what it's like when it arrives!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

New budgie owner!! Empty Welcome!

Post  Edge Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:25 pm

Hi Kev!

Welcome to the forum, and exciting to hear your a fellow budgie owner too! Red showed me the cage when you first posted, great to hear your upgrading. Has it arrived yet?

Hope to see you around here more soon (I've not been on for ages...I am a bad admin!)

Edge

Edge

Back to top Go down

Post  kevrox Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:01 pm

The cage arrived today! What a Face It looks awesome and is LOADS bigger! I'm gonna buy loads of toys this weekend tongue
Does anyone have any idea's on how to swap Snoop across easily? I dont want him escaping or too scared.

kevrox

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:15 pm

Whoah Kevrox you are privileged, you got Edge replying to your thread! Laughing

That's really cool you got the cage. Do you feel it's big enough? Yeah, you are gonna need to put LOTS of toys in there Wink Budgies enjoy having a good full cage with plenty to keep them occupied. As for moving Snoop across, as a new budgie owner myself, I've only held my boys twice...the best thing is just to go for it! Get Snoop into a corner, and then hold him gently with one or two hands, whichever you feel best with Smile

I tend to catch with two hands to stop them flapping away, but actually hold them in one hand. Hold him so he can't get his wings free, so his head pokes out of one end, and hope he doesn't peck you haha!

Have you worked out his age or sex yet?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:16 pm

Oh, also, I bought the funniest toy ever for our budgies today. It's a purple budgie head that when stood on, pecked at etc it wobbles really oddly, it's brilliant Laughing They have a few other ladders and mirrors and stuff too, they're cage is REALLY packed out now, I need to stop soon! Rolling Eyes

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kevrox Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:03 pm

Yo Edge hows it going? Cool rabbit Sorry I havent been on in ages I'm gonna like start posting more and everywhere else cos this place looks cool. So yeah I looked at that link you gave me and Snoops a boy which is good for the name Razz And big news now we got anther budgie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bom king We got him last weekend and he's well awesome!!! geek What a Face

It's a boy too and hes in the little cage like tyou said. He looks a bit like yours the green one but he's moreyellow and the greens paler. We don't have a name yet. He's living in the kitchen and Snoops in my room. I got loads of toys for Snoops cage too it looks awesome. He's got a wooden perch that hangs from the roof, two mirrors one a big one with a perch in front of it Very Happy , some wooden perches, the plastic ones that came with it Neutral , the wooden ones in it, a rope toy and one that spins with bells. Snoop has gotten loads louder since I put them in and he explores more which is cool but I can't wait until he meets his new friend!!!! Surprised

Any name ideas then?? He's a boy Smile

kevrox

Back to top Go down

Post  kevrox Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:12 pm

Oh I forgot to say the funniest bit which was when my dad was putting Snoop in his new cage!!! Laughing It was well funny my dad was like chasing Snoop everywhere and Snoop was flying into the bars then my dad managed to grab him and was putting him across and Snoop like bit my dad's hand lol! So my dad dropped him by accident because he wasn't ready for it and Snoop was flying everywhere around my bedroom Rolling Eyes Then he landed on the curtain rail and fell down the back of the curtains, landed on the windowsill where my dad got him again and put him in affraid Laughing It was proper funny and my dad said never again!! Razz

kevrox

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:41 pm

Wow, all such exciting news! Smile

So you already have a second budgie? I guess your parents said yes to you having two then haha! That's great news though, and Ramba is a very handsome budgie so I can only imagine your little nameless guy is too Smile

Oooh, names! What sort of name would you like?

I'm really chuffed you like the cage and you managed to transfer Snoop across, even if it was a little tricky! Laughing I wasn't sure you'd post here again either, so it's great to see you back - and posting elsewhere too! Very Happy

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Janet2012 Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:17 pm

That's lovely that Snoop has a new friend and I hope the introduction goes well. I seem to recall Reds budgies have escaped before, I imagine they are quite hard to catch!

Janet2012

Back to top Go down

Post  kevrox Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:52 pm

Heeeey does anyone remember me? Well i forgot my password for ageds and couldn't sign up again cos the forum said my email address was already used!!!!! pale cyclops But then I found the password going through my inbox so oh yea I'm back!! cheers sunny

Yea we called the budgie the new one Sniff so its Snoop and Sniff! They get on really well together no problems. But anyhow I really needed to ask about my sisters cat, she just got a kitten, and its like obsessed with my budgies!!!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad Anyway I'll start a thread in the right place too just wanted to say Im back Smile

kevrox

Back to top Go down

Post  Janet2012 Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:49 am

Hello Kevin yes of course I remmember you it is good to have you back Smile Sorry I have not been on the forum in so long we have been having quite a difficufkt time lately lots of news to share! How lovely that your two budgies are getting along although such a shame about the kitten. I'm sure red will be along with some advice not seen her for awhile.

Janet2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:24 pm

Hey Kevin its goos to have you back, I thought we'd lost you forever Smile

Sure I'll go read your thread now!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down