The forum for animal lovers!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Snoop and Sniff battle the evil kitten Socks!!!

3 posters

Go down

Snoop and Sniff battle the evil kitten Socks!!! Empty Snoop and Sniff battle the evil kitten Socks!!!

Post  kevrox Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:56 pm

Yea there names all start with Ss it wasn't planned!! Razz It just happened! Smile

Anyway my sister got a kitten as an early christmas present from our local animal shelter Very Happy Socks is really cute shes black and white with one really all white leg, hence the name. Shes 12 weeks old and really little but great at jumping and she just hunts the budgies all the time What a Face affraid weve only had her like two weeks but its a nightmare the budgies hate her!!!!!!!!! No They used to live in my room which would be ok cos I could just keep the door shut...but they kept waking me up all the time now theres two there really noisey! Rolling Eyes So now there in the kitchen and Socks can get them! cat

What can we dooooooo?

kevrox

Back to top Go down

Snoop and Sniff battle the evil kitten Socks!!! Empty Re: Snoop and Sniff battle the evil kitten Socks!!!

Post  kevrox Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:38 pm

Hey where is everyone??? ? Shocked Suspect

kevrox

Back to top Go down

Snoop and Sniff battle the evil kitten Socks!!! Empty Re: Snoop and Sniff battle the evil kitten Socks!!!

Post  Janet2012 Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:51 am

Hello Kevin yes it has been quiet recently I di hope everything is allrigt with red and edge...how lovely you adopted a kitten how is she settling in? I very curious as we are thinking about adopting you see but sssh its a secret!!!!

Janet2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:31 pm

Sorry sorry sorry! Completely our fault its been so quiet here Smile

We've been having such a hectic time, I'll have to do an updated blog-ish post!

About the kitten, hmm, tricky tricky! Yes, you really don't want two budgies in your bedroom haha, they can be very noisy and start singing when the sun comes up...wait until summer! Laughing Hmm do you have a room that the cat can be shut out from? Or you would need to put the budgie cage on a high table, with nothing around that the cat can climb on!

As well that add dangling interactive toys around for the kitten, and play often with her...keep her nice and distracted Wink They'll get used to each othrr eventually, especially as the kitten matures.

Admin
Admin

https://budgie.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:33 pm

Oh wow Janet! Really?! That is so exciting! Smile

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Janet2012 Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:11 pm

Yes red it is. Nothing is set in stone yet but we havve looked around two local shelters we have a meeting this Thursday to vidw two cats and ask questions they couldnt be more different!!!! I will let you know how it goes.

Janet2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:37 pm

How brilliant Janet! Smile

How did the meeting go? Were the two cats to be rehomed together or separately? I like that you aren't rushing into anything but are taking your time to make sure you are getting the right cat/s Smile

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Janet2012 Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:54 am

Red hate to be the barer of bad news on New years but the cam has been not working for a few days I have missed them over Christmas!!!! Hope you have had a good festive season I know we havve here! We are possibly bringing a new fekine home after new year I won't say too much now!!!!!

Janet2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:12 pm

Oh no...honestly I am going to throw Edge out! Razz Its his job to manage the cam but of course he doesn't Rolling Eyes

I don't suppose its working now?! Laughing

That's very exciting about the potential cat, I can't wait to hear more about him / her!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kevrox Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:13 pm

Janet if you have budgies d0nt get a kitten!!!!!!! Shocked cat No

Red we did wot you said but now the budgies are in the kitchen n my mum is getting well annoyed!! The budgies get feathers n seed everywhere helpppp! affraid

kevrox

Back to top Go down

Post  kevrox Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:44 pm

Still need help pale Embarassed mum saysthe budgies have 2 live on the porch unless I can fix something. I feel well sofry for them cos its really cold and they don't have any company!!!!!

kevrox

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:01 pm

affraid Sorry Kevin! I didn't realise there was a response from last time, I wasn't ignoring you on purpose! Smile

Hmm, I'm not sure I have any advice though...but I know what your mum means, our budgies are the same, they scatter seed EVERYWHERE! Could you have a family talk and decide which room would be best for the budgies to be in? Eg. not your bedroom or the living room maybe for noise, not the kitchen for seed etc. When you've wittled it down, you could try a table just for the budgies to be on. We have a maybe 2.5ft x 2.5ft table that our budgie cage was kept on until very recently, and that was brilliant because 99% of the seed remained on the table...then you just need to sweep it every day or so Smile

Only other thing I can think of is to use plastic or even cardboard to make a higher rim around the base of the cage, so less seed is able to fliy out.

Any good?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down