The forum for animal lovers!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gardening transformation!

Go down

Gardening transformation! Empty Gardening transformation!

Post  Admin Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:42 pm

Our garden is an absolute nightmare, when we moved in it was completely overgrown and the plants are horrible...thorny, excellent at self-seeding, an ivy-type plant that winds around everything and grows back in the blink of an eye...nightmare Mad It turns out that the garden was supposed to have been tidied up before we moved in, and the people were supposed to come do it last week, but they didn't, so whilst the weather's nice we decided we'd de-weed it all again and this time try and keep them away!

First some before pics

Gardening transformation! Garden19

Geraniums were EVERYWHERE! I think I liked geraniums once, now I never want to see one again! Laughing

Gardening transformation! Garden18

Gardening transformation! Garden16

Gardening transformation! Garden17

And after...it's not quite done yet, the bottom few bits still need sorting, but the worst is over and we're restoring order Razz

Gardening transformation! Garden24-1

We sprayed animal friendly weed killer everywhere, after pulling and digging up all that we could, then put pebbles down

Gardening transformation! Garden23

Gardening transformation! Garden22

The bit on the bottom right is going to be a root vegetable patch, we need to pull all the weeds around Lenny's run and sort out the very bottom, but it certainly looks a lot better

Gardening transformation! Garden26

And this is what a certain someone got up to whilst I did all the hard work!! Laughing

Gardening transformation! Garden25-1

Admin
Admin

https://budgie.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Gardening transformation! Empty Re: Gardening transformation!

Post  Admin Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:31 pm

Oh god I gardened like crazy today and think I've pulled ever muscle in my body! Laughing

My nana and mum took me and Edge around all the garden centres nearby and advised plants etc, then I lugged it all down to the garden and did everything down there. Edge had a really bad headache so I banned him from doing anything strenuous. I have no idea how I managed to get those two giant flagstones down there, as me and Edge struggled to lift them last time!! Laughing

So yeah, I paved all over where Lenny's run was, and put some potted plants right above where he's sleeping. In the future I want a huge potted olive tree there, and an ornamental rabbit too, in his memory Smile

Gardening transformation! Garden1-1

You'll have to excuse how grubby the brand new paving looks Rolling Eyes It was raining all the time I was out there...the soles of my shoes were so covered in mud, it was about an inch thick and I was sliding everywhere! Hopefully the rain will clean them off, not that I'm wishing for more rain!!

Gardening transformation! Garden-1

Admin
Admin

https://budgie.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum