The forum for animal lovers!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi I'm Chick pea

4 posters

Go down

Hi I'm Chick pea Empty Hi I'm Chick pea

Post  chick pea Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:27 am

Hi every one I am Chick Pea nice to meet you I have hens cats fish and snails and hope to have a bunny very soon

chick pea

Back to top Go down

Hi I'm Chick pea Empty Re: Hi I'm Chick pea

Post  Admin Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:41 pm

Welcome Chick pea! I adore chickens and will definitely have some of my own one day! When I was thirteen onwards I had hens at my parents' house but I long since moved out and would love some of my very own Smile How many hens do you have?

That's exciting about getting a rabbit, are you after a particular breed? Lenny is the first rabbit I've ever had that actually seeks out human attention and cuddles and he's so sweet :p

Do you keep wild snails or are they Giant African Land Snails or similar?

Welcome again! Smile

Admin
Admin

https://budgie.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Janet2012 Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:59 pm

Helllo chick pea I too am a new member. I used to have chickens when my son was a child. They were just standard brown hens but very inquisitive one would follow my son around and allowed him to pick it up! Smile

Janet2012

Back to top Go down

Hi I'm Chick pea Empty Welcome

Post  Edge Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:16 pm

Welcome to the forum chickpea!

Not often I get to meet someone else who has a pet snail/snails. Our snail Isobel is very funny and always in the strangest places in her tank!

You'll have to let us all know if/when you get a rabbit, I didn't realize how much I loved bunnies until we got Lenny.

If you need anything just message me up, and enjoy the forum Smile

Edge

Edge

Back to top Go down

Post  chick pea Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:52 pm

Hi there and thanks for the kind replies, Red and Edge we have met before on another site. Edge and myself had different names back then see if you can work out who I used to be. Well thats the quiz for today!!! but I also have another question for you how do I get back to see the budgies from here ? Blowed if I can work it out.
Red my snails are big now they are from Ghana and known as tiger snails. I do have wild snails in my garden although I usually treat them to a short flying lesson over the back fence into the long grass and weeds over there. They tend to come back quite fast I think they really enjoy the lessons and can not wait for another.
Hi Janet I have seven assorted hybrid hens...... well three belong to my grandaughter. They make the most gorgeous pets and love a cuddle and a bit of fuss. They were "helping" me do some gardening a couple of days back.... took ages as we had to examine under every rock and large stone. There was a great deal of excitment when we found an ants nest. They love to have a good gossip as you work as well. We just love them to bits and they lay beautiful eggs with lovely yellow yolks.

chick pea

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:20 pm

Ahah! Okay, my guess is NN Smile

My reasons are (and please don't be offended if I'm wrong!) NN has two tiger snails, she offered me some eggs from them. She has a beautiful granddaughter who loves her chickens, and 7 hens sounds about right for her...so?! Am I right or not?? Laughing

Ah that is a very good point. Currently to get back to the cam you would have to type www.budgiecam.co.uk again (although now you can click the url I just typed Laughing )...perhaps I will get Lyle / Edge to work on the 'forum' button so it opens in a new page, if he can manage it! Razz

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chick pea Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:57 pm

Hi Red yes you are quite right, there you were thinking I had left you in peace and quiet and here I am popping up again !!! Lovely to see you are both getting on so well. I have missed you..... but so much has been going on here I havent been able to comit myself to the other site. Plus I seemed to have moved on and left so much behind. It is nice to have a bit of a fresh start now and then. Got to go abed now as am worn out will chat again soon xxxxx

chick pea

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:55 pm

Ahahaha I knew it! Laughing Awesome to have you here, haven't heard from you in ages so it's good to hear you are doing okay and may be chatting a bit more Smile

How big are your two snails now, are they called Bill and Ben or do I have that wrong? We've had Isabelle about a month and I swear she's doubled in size! I really should measure her...when we first got her she was quite a bit smaller than a slice of apple, so I'll have to use that to go by. She eats like a horse though and enjoys her exercise! I did think about getting Tiger Snails, but the shop had GALS and Sid was always a favourite of mine so... Smile

I'm supposed to be walking Kasper, he's only been in the garden so far, but the weather's miserable so I've been putting it off...ah well, I can wear waterproof trousers and keep my pyjama bottoms on underneath! Laughing

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chick pea Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:53 pm

Hi there, Yes you are right again Bill and Ben or the fluffies !!! They are getting real big now I have had then a good two years Their growth seems to slow down as they get bigger. They have put on a good inch of new shell this year so far. Mine both fitted on to a slice od cucumber when I first had them and I can remember feeding them a slice each every two days back then. Now they have a whole cucumber and it will only last two to three days all depending on what else they fancy. I think they slow down because they put a fair amount of energy into egg laying. Don't seem possible they will be thinking of having one of their first sleeps in about four weeks time, this poor wet old summer is almost over.

Last edited by chick pea on Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistake)

chick pea

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:59 pm

Wow a whole cucumber!! I need to try Isabelle on some different foods soon, she hasn't had much variety so far...apple, cucumber, cauliflower, broccoli and lettuce...actually I suppose that isn't bad. I want to try her on bread soaked in beer too as apparently they like that!! Smile

I remember the tiger snails we saw at the bug museum in Liverpool, they were about 30cm long all in all they were incredible! How do you manage the eggs, do you have to sift the soil...?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum