The forum for animal lovers!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We have new babies!!

2 posters

Go down

We have new babies!! Empty We have new babies!!

Post  Admin Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:41 pm

We've had them for just over a week now, but they're finally set up in their proper run and have settled in beautifully Smile

Any guesses before I reveal all?!

Admin
Admin

https://budgie.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

We have new babies!! Empty Re: We have new babies!!

Post  Admin Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:56 pm

Haha well I guess this section of the forum narrows it down somewhat anyway hehe, but we have...

Two guinea pigs!! Very Happy

They are absolutely gorgeous. My girl is called Quintrix (I know, a right mouthful! Quinny or Trixie for short though Smile ) and Edge's little one is called Rosa. They're Abyssinian, which means they have adorable tufty medium length hair - I am in love!! Razz

We don't know how old they are as they were abandoned outside the charity, then adopted by us! They are fully grown though and have quickly grown used to our company, I wonder if because they are housed inside so around us a lot? They are very very cuddley piggies though!!

Trixie is the darker of the two, mainly dark browny ginger and black. She has a light brown splodge around her nose on her otherwise black face which is adorable! Trixie adores cuddles and will happily snug under my chin or into my hair whilst I am lying on the bed reading for hours. She also adores to be brushed Smile

Rosa is the vocal girl; she constantly chatters to whomever is nearby! She likes to be kept busy, exploring and nibbling anything within reach! Most times Edge has to stand and sing to her, as that is the only thing that will keep her still!! Rosa is an absolute cutey, she is mostly white (just about!) with black and beige patches. She is also incredibly tufty, her hair springs from her body making Trixie look quite neat in comparison! Smile

They both love hiding in log tunnels and eating carrots and cabbages. Rosa seems to enjoy banana, whilst Trixie prefers green beens. Neither of them are a fan of apple.

They are indoor piggies that live in our bedroom, as its far too cold for them outside. We have harnesses ready for outdoor walkies in the summer (I kid you not!!) and of course a run so they can soak up the sunshine Smile

Pics to come soon!!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:35 pm

Photo's are coming, but first I should announce that I have changed my piggle's name to: Lazlo!

I've had a really really tough time naming her, and have figured out why. It's because face-on guinea pigs look stupid and funny, and suit names like Smudge or Pookie, but from the side they look cute and pretty, and suit names like Abbey.

Here are a quick list (seriously...) of some of the names I considered for Lazlo:

Phoenix
Abeline
Pixie
Pookie
Fia
Sparky
Elektra
Abraxus
Nona
Sparrow
Quiver
Rolling Eyes

But yes, Lazlo it is! Razz

We have new babies!! 8228105678_faeef09863
Lazlo by Redanimallover, on Flickr

Cute cute cute cute cute! And, because I am a terribly abusive owner (Laughing), I have bought her a collar!!!

We have new babies!! 8227035379_c79dd74852
My gir! by Redanimallover, on Flickr

She is my baby, I am SO in love with her it's ridiculous, our snuggles in the morning are the best wake up ever Smile

We have new babies!! 8227034617_f22d203f66
Lazlo in her collar! by Redanimallover, on Flickr

And Lyle's little lass, Rosa!

We have new babies!! 8228105336_8533d52db9
She is so cute! by Redanimallover, on Flickr

I think Rosa is the more traditionally "cute" one (although I would never tell Lazlo that!)

We have new babies!! 8227034557_3c362b3325
Rosa by Redanimallover, on Flickr

Just gorgeous Smile

We have new babies!! 8228105194_19f2bd31f5
Rosa by Redanimallover, on Flickr

And their play area in their open-topped cage

We have new babies!! 8228105542_35b635de0d
Play area by Redanimallover, on Flickr

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Janet2012 Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:10 pm

Red I havve not cheated ir read further but here is my guess how fun!! I think you have rescued two dwarf rabbits??

Janet2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Janet2012 Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:14 pm

Oh red how adorable guinea pigs!!!! They are simply gorgeous so cute! Oh you did struggle to name her didn't you!! Has Lazlo stuck? I love hearing their different personalyties just too cute!

Janet2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:49 pm

Thanks Janet Smile They are really really sweet. I had them both in bed with me today and at different points they were both snuggled up under the covers with me sleeping!

I've asked for a much much bigger cage for the piggles as a Christmas present - its gonna be AWESOME! Not only is it twice as big as their current one but it also has a 'loft', a second level too! I can't wait; yesterday we went furniture shopping and bought a large cabinet with storage underneath for all their supplies!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Janet2012 Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:26 pm

Hello red did you get your wish????

Janet2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:30 pm

Haha I did, yes Smile

Haven't had chance to fix it all up yet, as we need to sort some flooring out. But the girls love running around in there! They popcorn all over the place and love to chase each other - they're quite fast actually!! Smile

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum