The forum for animal lovers!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kasper's thread!

3 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Kasper's thread! - Page 2 Empty Re: Kasper's thread!

Post  Admin Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:27 pm

This was another new toy he got the other day, and he has a few more in his toy box upstairs that he doesn't know about yet Smile

Kasper's thread! - Page 2 Dik8

I made him pose with a 'leave it' Laughing

Kasper's thread! - Page 2 Dik10

Being really good whilst I cleaned Keshi's cage out

Kasper's thread! - Page 2 Dik13

Just looking handsome and showing off his new collar and tag! Smile

Kasper's thread! - Page 2 Dik23

Kasper is not a fan of reading!!

Kasper's thread! - Page 2 Dik24

Hahaha the headless wonder dog!

Kasper's thread! - Page 2 Dik25

"I had nothing to do with the demise of this sausage..."

Kasper's thread! - Page 2 Dik26

Laughing

Admin
Admin

https://budgie.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:33 pm

We had a crazy walk today...right at the beginning we stumbled across this man who had two dogs, one terrier cross and a bigger-than-Kasper black collie cross. The collie was charging after Kasper, being very rude and towering over him and putting his face right into Kasper's. Kasper fled back to me and Edge, and sat at my feet, politely saying hello to both dogs.

The black collie cross was growling, barking and snapping near his face. I told Kasper to carry on, thinking it would get him away from the dog...the dog charged after him, snapping at his back!! Kasper lay down in submission and the dog continued to snap and bark at him, so I ran forwards yelling at the dog to get away as I didn't want it biting him.

As I turned back I heard Edge and the other dog owner shouting at each other. At first I thought the other owner was apologising, but then I heard him say something like "and keep that dog away from me if you don't want it to end up in court!!" WHAT?! HE WAS TALKING ABOUT KASPER!!! Mad confused He was threatening my dog who had done nothing, and when I yelled that his dog was behaving aggressively, he said IT WAS PLAYING!! Rolling Eyes

So I got really angry and walked over to him and started saying he had better not let his dog come anywhere near mine again, I won't stand for it, and he should keep it on a lead. He yelled back, called me and Edge "children" and said that when Edge joined his world he would watch as he dropped dead (?!?!). I told him that I had worked at dog rescues, I understand dog behaviour and he needs to watch his dog around others...he said "oooh, I'm really scared" and walked off Laughing

We phoned the non-emergency police to report the incident and make sure there was nothing he could do against us or our dog - there isn't Smile

The rest of the walk was very enjoyable. Kasper found an old dead rabbit and carried it along for a while and ate some of it, then left it for another lucky dog to find! Smile He said hello to a few other dogs and was very polite at greeting an owner of the dog he was playing with. Then when he got back our friend and his favourite person came around, and he got a little overexcited! Laughing

He's sleeping under his table now, bless him!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Janet2012 Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:42 pm

Red there are some vert silly people in the world don't let them upset you or stop you being such a good dog owner. I'm glad Kasper wasn't injured in the confrontation and nothing happened to either of you. Those photographs of Kasper are lovely don't apologise for putting so many on the forum they made me smile! Smile

Janet2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:38 pm

Thanks Janet Very Happy Yes, I'm simply glad I stood up for myself and my dog - I'd like to think he learnt something from the experience, but I doubt it! Laughing

Kasper was a very lucky pup and got a raw bone today! We went to the farm shop that we used to live near as it also sells plants, plant pots etc and I went looking for a raw bone for Kasp but they'd sold out, shock horror! So I bought him one instead (the raw bones for dogs are free Smile ). Of course he really wasn't sure it was his at first Rolling Eyes

Kasper's thread! - Page 2 Garden2-1

Then he dragged it to his bed under the budgie table which is much more covered and safe-feeling Smile

Kasper's thread! - Page 2 Garden3-1

Kasper's thread! - Page 2 Garden4-1

After a while he took it back onto the huge dog bed, and then he actually brought it up onto the couch with me!! cheers Sounds stupid, but I was over the moon! We've done so much work against resource guarding (where dogs growl when they have high value items such as bones, as they're worried you will take them off them)...I've been really impressed recently, as he will bring me a hide chew (which is almost as high value as a raw bone), drop it into my hand, get a treat, then wait till I give him it back again. Whooo! afro flower afro

Makes me very happy anyway Smile

We had a lovely (and mostly dry!) evening walk on the moor. Kasper just missed saying hello to his Weimaraner friend, but he did get to see hello to three Labs. It was funny, the owner had a yellow, chocolate and black Lab, it was quite cute and unusual really Smile

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:34 pm

God we had a right time with Kasper with him puking up five times in one evening affraid And I don't just mean a little sick either, this was bucketloads! He puked on the couch, on one bed, on the floor, and on his big bed twice...Edge cleaned the big bed and came in to say, "I don't think he'll be sick again..." he went back outside and bobbed back in a second later to say mournfully, "He's been sick on his bed out here, I'll clean it again..." Laughing

Me and Edge slept on our hard laminate floor overnight so Kasper could be out with us (it was really uncomfortable but we didn't want him puking in our bed!) and he was fine all night and hasn't been sick since, hurray! Rolling Eyes All the things have been washed and dried and we are finally back to normal, thank god! Here was our poorly dog on our makeshift couch though Laughing

Kasper's thread! - Page 2 Warden

And being a very good boy and doing a 'leave it' despite not being fed properly for 3 days

Kasper's thread! - Page 2 Warden5

And isn't this the most insanely cute photo of him (or any dog Wink ) you've ever seen?!?!

Kasper's thread! - Page 2 Warden1

We've had some really beautiful autumnal walks these past few days - I enjoy autumn so much more than summer! Kasper found ANOTHER dead rabbit, this time up on the moor. It was eye-less when he found it, and he proceeded to fling it around, roll on top of it and eat it until he got bored. It was like a long fur scalf with front legs and a head by the time he left it Laughing

We saw another hedgehog tonight that he really wanted to say hello to - I carried it to a nearby field and got covered in nettle stings as thanks Rolling Eyes Laughing And Kasper had his first proper meal tonight. We worked on the "on your bed" command with me stood at the other side of the room (which he followed immediately!), lie down (immediately) and "tall" (stand on back legs) which I had to signal and say a few times before he understood, but then he did it and earnt his reward! Smile

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Janet2012 Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:43 am

Red that picture with the light falling across Kasper's face is stunning you should take up a career in pet photography or people and pet photography!!!!!! There is something about that picture you have just captured how sweet and innocent he is it is fabulous. Yes myself and husband went out with my son and benny today around the park and forest near us and it was beautiful my son has Benny on a longline I think it is called so Bennt can run and release some of his energy but his return when called isn't reliable yet so he cannot be off his lead. It was a beautiful walk though it was quite chilly but we soon warmed up ad best of all it didnt rain!!

Last edited by Janet2012 on Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:50 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling error)

Janet2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Janet2012 Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:18 pm

How is Kasper doing? I miss hearing his antics and seeing photographs of hiM!!

Janet2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:05 pm

sorry Janet haha, although thankfully I have plenty of pics now to make up for it Wink

Yes, his expression in that photo is very angelic...I think that's why I love it so much, you might believe he was the perfect dog unless you knew him hahaha! Laughing Surprised That walk sounds lovely, I'm forcing my parents to come on a dog walk on my birthday with me, Kasper, Edge and my nana...they're not walkers really Laughing

Kasper found the other slipper a few days ago, and has enjoyed destroying it and spreading the mess all around the house Laughing

Kasper's thread! - Page 2 Titus2

Me and the diggidy dog ^__^

Kasper's thread! - Page 2 Titus1

"MY SLIPPER!!!"

Kasper's thread! - Page 2 Titus3

He looks really small in this pic but he really isn't, he's a medium-large sized dog

Kasper's thread! - Page 2 Titus4

Jumping for a new toy (which is destroyed now!) can you spot it? Smile

Kasper's thread! - Page 2 Titus5

His ears look like a mohican here Laughing

And to finish off, a gob-full of slipper C:

Kasper's thread! - Page 2 Titus7

I think that's enough! Laughing

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:07 pm

Some of my pics aren't showing up for me, but it just could be my cruddly laptop...let me know if you can't see them though Mad

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kevrox Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:06 pm

Cool dog What a Face

kevrox

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:47 pm

Thanks Kev! I love him a ridiculous amount...but who wouldn't! Laughing

I did loads of work against resource guarding yesterday, and now he will bring me any object he has (rawhide, toys etc) and give them to me. Likewise if he picks up something that isn't his, such a as a slipper or empty wrapper, he will bring that too. I also put a kitchen roll in the middle of the floor (bearing in mind he adores shredding kitchen and toilet rolls) and everytime he went near it told him "leave it!" He stopped immediately (dropped it if he'd picked it up) and turned to me! I was so impressed Very Happy In between the 'leave it's' I told him to bring it to me, which he did perfectly too. So that was a good training session.

Today I have totally ransacked the house...I emptied all the cupboards and swapped things about and packed items away better. Now two cupboards are tidy and almost full, and the big cupboard under the stairs that was crammed full is practically empty!! I don't know where all the stuff's gone Laughing Kasper has helped by sniffing all the items from the cupboard, testing which ones he is allowed to chew on (none...), and carrying things or taking them to Edge downstairs when asked Laughing

Aaaand finally he got a new toy today, which meant I got this amazing photo! Laughing

Kasper's thread! - Page 2 Hamster6

And the rawhide that he brought to me and let me take from him

Kasper's thread! - Page 2 Titus18

A little stuffed toy that is now spread all around our house Rolling Eyes

Kasper's thread! - Page 2 Hamster

And finally, the picture of innocence! Smile

Kasper's thread! - Page 2 Hamster5

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Janet2012 Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:25 pm

I love the picture of Kasper with the shoe sticking out of his mouth Red!!!! Really that is a truly great photo and I really think you should enter that into a competition or something I'm sure it would win!! How long have you had Kasper for Red and how long did it take for him to change as I know he was a difficult dog at first?

Janet2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:30 pm

God what a horrible day we''ve had today Sad

Out on Kasper's walk on the moor and there was a group of three dog walkers stood watching about five dogs run together. We followed the path through them and two dogs came to say hello to kasp. As he was saying hi to them a medium sized black collie cross raced over and began attacking him!!!

I ran over yelling, Kasper tried to run away, he was yelping but the dog was latched on. Eventually I got to them and the dog let him go. I bent over him, soothing and praising and checking to see if he was hurt, when a HUGE Golden Retriever ran right up to us and began to growl and bark!!! Honest to god Mad I put myself right in front of Kasper, actually knocking the retriever's nose away, to protect my dog - I really thought it was going to bite me.

The owner was calling the retriever to come, but the dog was ignoring her and she had to come, put the dog on lead and drag it away...and do you know, not one of them apologised Mad

Kasper did really well and thankfully wasn't hurt, but I don't know how many more horrible dogs he can take. Surely he's gonna snap one day poor mite...Edge called the police when we got back and spoke to an amazingly dumb police officer who seemed to think that the dangerous dogs act only applied to the flour banned breeds in the UK...what an absolute moron!!

So yes, not a fun day Sad Ì'm glad it was my birthday yesterday and not today...

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:39 pm

However going back to my birthday yesterday, that was really good and Kasper was adorable!!!

He loooved helping to open all my presents, which my dad thought was very cute and funny Smile Then he had a whale of a time shredding all the paper and spreading it around the house! Laughing He also enjoyed sharing my breakfast croissants and being spoilt trying a posh white chocolate from the box a relative had posted me for my birthday Smile

My parents and nana came on a dog walk up on the moor with us, which was lovely, and Kasper really behaved himself and made me very proud!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Janet2012 Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:58 pm

Oh no red I missed you birthday I do apologise but I am glad you Had a good birthday and Kasper was so well behaved. I am so sorry about the walk yesterday and the idiotic policeman that edge spoke to. What a horrible ordeal I hope you and kasper are okay bless him he does so well.

Janet2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:42 pm

Haha thanks Janet, I had a lovely birthday Smile

I have some adorable photos of Kasper that you are gonna love Very Happy I've joined Flickr, so if you go on their site and search for redanimallover (haha) you should be able to see all my recent pics Smile its a lot better than photobucket!

Kasper's thread! - Page 2 8113687253_a5363250c6
Bottle destroy! by Redanimallover

He also got two new toys today (I have birthday money to spend, so of course some of it has to be spent on Kasper!!)

Kasper's thread! - Page 2 8113696266_e51d838a8b
The toy is going down! by Redanimallover

I love his white teeth Smile

Kasper's thread! - Page 2 8113696424_17d7051d4c
My, what white teeth you have! by Redanimallover, on Flickr

Ah, mummys little angel!

Kasper's thread! - Page 2 8113696678_665f94658e
He's an angel... by Redanimallover, on Flickr

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:00 pm

And more...

Hehe

Kasper's thread! - Page 2 8113688073_8d40100c46
Tangled by Redanimallover, on Flickr

We bought some oxtails for Kasper today too and they are seriously weeird! The skin is all crispy and you can see all the tail bones, UGH! But Kasper loooves them! Smile

Kasper's thread! - Page 2 8113697306_51ef534aa4
Trying an oxtail by Redanimallover, on Flickr

Yeah he likes em! Very Happy

Kasper's thread! - Page 2 8113696918_a08a88fd91
"I like oxtails!" by Redanimallover, on Flickr

Since that horrible dog walk Kasper has met loads of dogs and done fine with them, which is nice. He did meet an 8 month old adolescent terror on the moor which was he rudest dog I've ever seen!! Kasper really wasn't impressed at first, but when he realised it was only young he played very well snd they had a great time...it was really rough play and Kasper was play growling and pinning the other dog loads...we were like "ahhh no!" but it was just beautiful play Laughing

The dog really shouldn't have been let off a longline at least though. It had the worst recall I've ever seen, and if it had been behaving so rudely to a dog that wouldn't have put up with it, it could have rightly been snapped at or bitten.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Janet2012 Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:31 am

Oxtails sounds intreresting Red!! Oh well glad he likes them maybeI will have to get Benny some he loves pigs ears!

Yes you are right pnotographs of Kasper atre well worth waiting for! He has such lovely teeth. I meant to ask you this before red, how long did it take you to work with kasper and improve him. I know he was difficult when you first adopted him and Benny has made vast improvements but he still has a long way to go to!!

Janet2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:05 pm

Ooops my apologies Janet, I think you've already asked me that and I forgot to reply - sorry! Embarassed

Well, Kasper was an absolute nightmare dog at first. There were times within the first 4 months (a LOT of times!) when Edge and I would sit wondering if we got the right dog and whether we should return him to a rescue...he was seriously hard work!!! There was the fact we had been told he was absolutely fine being left (now when we think back to what his owners said, we clearly recognise separation anxiety there) and we came back to a hole chewed through our door (Edge could have cried!!!), there was his overall excitement, not a trace of a known recall, his fear with us and strangers...it was very very difficult! Smile

But we worked through it bit by bit, and eventually we have a (slightly) improved Kasper!!! Laughing Nah, I'm just joking, he is a million times improved on what he first was. It's hard to say when he started changing, for months it felt like we were getting nowhere or things were getting worse...then all of a sudden he had a reliable recall! Age also had a part to play in it all, as well as lack of early necessary training...he has calmed down so much since he was 9 months old!

And there are some issues we are still working with, but without a doubt the vast majority of Kasper's 'issues' have improved or are no longer a problem. It's hard to say how long each individual thing took, but by the time a year with him had passed he was much improved, and since then he has got better still Smile

Hope that helps!

And now for a seriously adorable pic (this will melt your heart!)

Kasper's thread! - Page 2 8116876756_99e42a5bbb
Aaaagh, so cute!!! by Redanimallover, on Flickr

How cute is that?! Smile He was fine with me putting it on and wearing it too, I was seriously impressed!

Kasper's best friend (who is a very close friend of ours') came around after a drunken night out last night, and Kasper was very good at saying hello to him. He really enjoyed getting a kiss and a cuddle and then our friend still being here today too...very sweet Smile

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:03 am

We've had a real hectic last few weeks here so I really do apologise for not being around as much!

Kasper is as well and happy-go-lucky as ever, we've had some really beautiful autumnal walks these past few days that have been just beautiful. I'm a big autumn fan and I was even more excited when we got a snow warning and some parts of Yorkshire got their first bit of snow!

Kasper has met some adorable dogs these last few days, including a group of four dogs, two big Lab crosses (one was taller and thinner and had long fur - so cute!), a small black terrier cross and then a pure English Bulldog - squeee! I've also bought Kasper a new bed (ooops - thats seven sleeping places he has in the house now!) and he has got plenty of new toys, none of which have been destroyed!!

He is still loving his newest antler, but has gotten into the habit of expecting me to hold it for him whilst he chews it - how lazy?! Very Happy

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Janet2012 Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:23 pm

I don't no if its laziness or just being plain spoilt red!! He looks adorable with that neckerchief. He looks so serious about it and very mature. My son got Benny at a fairly similar age too kasper but he didnt commit to the time or training well he didn't have a clue how to go about it! They are making up for lost time now but then benny just needs his training he doesn't have any fear issues.

Janet2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:52 pm

They'll get there in the end, Benny sounds like he's doing fantastically well. And obedience is much easier to train than working against fears.

Me and Kasp did some super fun training this evening, we really enjoyed it Very Happy I began teaching him 'stand' yesterday (which I have tried to teach in the past but never managed) and of course he learnt it in about two minutes because I was teachin him in a way he didn't understand last time!! I got him to lay down, but didn't tell him to wait or anything, and waggled a treat very enticingly about four feet away. The instant he began to stand I clicked and rewarded Smile

As well as that we're working on 'two feet', which is where he puts two feet up on the footstool - fun and funny! I want to think of another hand signal for 'lie down', as without a verbal with it he can get It mixed up with 'come here'...

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:49 pm

We got a new footstool delivered today (it's called a footstool, but you can actually fit four people on it!! affraid ) and Kasper LOVES it! He's definitely claimed it as his - which is fine because me and Edge can fit on it with him! Laughing

Kasper's thread! - Page 2 8163815760_13fb5a5527
Bugs checks out our new footstool... by Redanimallover, on Flickr

He knows two feet now, and is quick to offer it even if I haven't asked, which I love! On our evening dog walk last night we met this horrible little aggressive dog (it was pitch black as well so you'd think the owners would have it on a lead...) which was snarling and snapping at Kasper's neck, and bless our dog he totally ignored it, carried on, and looked back to me for treats! I love you

Then one of the other dogs (they had five!!! Rolling Eyes ) had the worst recall I've ever seen. The owners were screaming its name but it was just running at Kasp, half trying to play but obviously not really knowing how. It followed us four about fifteen minutes while the other owners yelled and we just carried on hahaha! Twisted Evil Kasp enjoyed playing with it though Smile

And Edge (somewhat drunkenly Laughing ) decided that Kasper could eat the top of our carved pumpkin on Halloween cheers

Kasper's thread! - Page 2 8163816264_f930f56e35
Kasper enters into the spirit of Halloween by Redanimallover, on Flickr

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:23 pm

Well...we bought the first of Kaspers many Christmas presents today Laughing Rolling Eyes

Not that he'll be excited about it, it's a new harness! His current one (which he's had for less than a year) I really like, but the design is just flawed...the harness fastens around the dog's waist using a buckle clip and Velcro...unfortunately the Velcro gets reeeally dirty and then doesn't fasten at all, it just bursts open the second you let go from fastening it! We have tried putting it in the machine inside a bag, hand washing it and letting it soak...nada!

That's a ComfortFlex Sports Harnes by the way. The new one Is an EzyDog quick fit harness, which uses Velcro for the initial fiting, but after that is hidden away and never unfastened! I'll post. I'll post a video link so you can see what I mean:

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=nRbhFsOFn1E&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DnRbhFsOFn1E&gl=GB

Kasp has had a good day today. He has enjoyed two good walks in the sun (although he was too scared to jump in the river after ducks!) He did really well with an aggressive dog that was being walked in the dark (doh, muzzle your dog!) Kasper just walked right past. Then there were two cyclists barreling along (also in the dark and at high speed Rolling Eyes ) and Kasper stopped when he saw them, turned to me, then came and sat at my feet whilst they passed - I was so proud! Smile

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Janet2012 Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:50 pm

That footstool is massive Red, It looks more like a bed! I still think it's too early to think about christmas but its good to get some presents sorted early. I'm going to get Benny a stocking with treats in I saw at the pet shop. I'm excited to see all of Kasper's presents, he's so lucky to have you.

Janet2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next