The forum for animal lovers!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keshi escaped!

3 posters

Go down

Keshi escaped! Empty Keshi escaped!

Post  Admin Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:48 pm

About five days back we were lucky to see Keshi wandering around the side of our dog bed affraid Bit of a shock haha, but we managed to get him back safe and sound. We checked the cage over and couldn't find any holes, so put it down to us not clipping the bed on properly. All was well.

Then last night Edge yelled up that he'd seen Keshi wandering in our kitchen!! We put Kasper away and spent a couple minutes trying to catch him, and were even luckier in that we had him in about two minutes! We looked over the cage again and couldn't see anything wrong, then by pure chance Edge lifted the cage and noticed a bar in the top left corner was completely snapped! However it bounced back in a way that made it impossible to tell, but Keshi could obviously nudge it open enough to escape!

Keshi escaped! Blive15

Keshi escaped! Blive13

...we're just relieved we managed to get Keshi back both times, as he is tiny even for a mouse and there are plenty of places he could have gone - not to mention our dogs' stomach! Laughing

Anyway, we put Keshi in a tiny temporary RUB overnight

Keshi escaped! Blive12

Keshi escaped! Blive16

And went to buy a larger RUB from Bingley, but the only shop that was open on a Sunday had sold out of storage boxes, sigh! Rolling Eyes

So we walked back and switched the fish into our smaller fish tank Smile

Keshi escaped! Blive21

And then used their old fish tank (which was previously Bam and the FBT's home!) and made a nice new home for Keshi! He has all his old toys in there, and we used an upturned cat litter tray with a small hole burned into it to create a second level for him, to make as much use of the space as possible

Keshi escaped! Blive17

Keshi escaped! Blive18

Keshi was very sleepy at first

Keshi escaped! Blive19

But was soon up and about exploring - he seems to like it so far! Smile

Keshi escaped! Blive20

Admin
Admin

https://budgie.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Keshi escaped! Empty Re: Keshi escaped!

Post  Janet2012 Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:11 pm

Red that is lucky of you to get him back and isn't he just darling look at that lost photograph of him! Do you know I never used to like the rodents that had long tails but he is just precious. I cannot believe that you managed to find him twice and how lucky that the dog was not about also. Iam pleased he is all safe and sound now and his new cage looks lovely but what is a RUB?

Janet2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:27 pm

Yep, he is an insanely cute mouse...that's why I fell in love with him when I found him at the pet shop! Very Happy

Oh, sorry, a RUB is a Really Useful Box. I think it's snake keeping terminology haha! It usually refers to plastic storage boxes, you can keep all sorts of animals very happy in there...we've had young snakes, frogs, fish, mice, hamster and hissing cockroaches too! Smile

Admin
Admin

https://budgie.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Edge Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:09 pm

He's not escaped from his new house since...can't believe we spotted him!

Edge

Edge

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down