The forum for animal lovers!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Making a nice Bunny house from scratch

3 posters

Go down

Making a nice Bunny house from scratch Empty Making a nice Bunny house from scratch

Post  chick pea Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:14 pm

Hi there it's me again with a little news, We made a good start on our rabbit house yesterday, it is nice and large with stacks of room for two large bunnies. I don't know how we manage it but usually we seem to get the pets first and then spend the time making their houses in a mega hurry and then adjusting them as needed. This time we decided to be a tad more organised and get the house made first. Hopefully we will be able to finish it next week. I am getting right excited about it.
Aurelia came to view it after school and thought it was a new Wendy house at first....... then she was whooping with joy when we said she could get a bunny and one for her sister Aprilia. Mind you Aprilia wasn't that excited as she was trying to bite my fingers with her new first tooth, it is blooming sharp as well. Can not wait to get the bunnies now it is many years since we last had some.

Last edited by chick pea on Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistake)

chick pea

Back to top Go down

Making a nice Bunny house from scratch Empty Re: Making a nice Bunny house from scratch

Post  Janet2012 Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:22 pm

Aw hurray I can only imagine how excited you all are Razz

Honestly after having such a lovely bunny as Lenny I never want to be without one haha! He is SO friendly and just beautiful. Where are you getting your bunnies from? When I was a little kid my nana let me and my older cousin get a rabbit, a huge white lop we called Snowball. He was massive but really mean, and would kick his back legs to scratch you...and yet we still adored him Laughing

We're really bad at organising everything for pets too. When we first got chickens we were still varnishing the coop the day we brought them home haha, we bought Keshi's cage the day we got him, and Lenny's run came after he came home! Laughing I think the only animal we were really prepared for was our dog!

Will Aurelia get to name hers? Smile

Janet2012

Back to top Go down

Making a nice Bunny house from scratch Empty Re: Making a nice Bunny house from scratch

Post  chick pea Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:17 pm

was a tad confused there as I thought Janet was someone else, but now seems to be Red or admin in disguise ???? Love your tale about snowball. We had a big old black rabbit when I was a kid, that was mega mean would bite and try to rip you open with its back claws it had heck of a kick on it. We had to get it in and out of the hutch for cleaning out. The job was normally mine as I was eldest. It ripped my coat sleeves to shreds many a time. Poor old thing I think it ended up in the pot..... most people who lived out in the sticks kept meat rabbits when I was little. We didnt think anything of it back then as it was so normal. I havent eaten rabbit in years and years I can not bring myself too as all I can think of is cute little bunnies. My kids had bunnies and guinea pigs and they were mega cute they were mostly rescues and no we didnt eat them !!!! Our new Bunnies will not be for the pot thats for sure. Yes Aurelia can name them both as Aprilia is only five months old and if asked it would either end up as gurgle or dribble. Aurelia told me she wants to call one Baby Bell as they are her favourites ( she means the little red cheeses) I said well what if you get boy rabbit and she said No Nanny we only want Nice Princess girl ones !!!! She isnt keen on boys at the moment she does make me laugh.

chick pea

Back to top Go down

Post  Janet2012 Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:08 pm

No I do not understand either. I didn't post that Red what has happened? Baby Bell is quite a pretty name for a rabbit I hadn't even thought of the cheeses. I would enjoy a pet rabbit at some point it's just finding the time. I'd imagine the hutch to be quite expensive too as I'm sure I couldn't make it from scratch!

Janet2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:23 pm

Ooops! My apologes Janet! I used your account to edit a post of yours', there was a spelling mistake that made a rude word (we know it was 100% accident Wink ), and instead of editing the post myself - which would have sent you an automatic alert / caution message - I thought I'd edit it the easy way. But then I must have forgotten to log out from your account, and my laptop leaves the user automatically logged on to the forum...so next time I load the forum, I'm still signed in as you...very sorry, next time I'll just edit it as me and send a message. I just didn't want you to think you were in trouble because it was obviously an accident Rolling Eyes

It's also why me and Edge will probably slip up and post as each other at some point, because we won't have logged out and will be already signed in when we post Laughing

And just so everybody knows, admins can edit accounts (ie. to ban someone), change usernames and passwords, but they don't know your password. I only knew Janet's as I helped the account set up Smile

Whoa, that was a seriously strong rabbit! affraid Snowball scratched our arms a lot but there was never any damage to clothing! He was really big, very heavy and difficult to carry, and we used to try lug him from his hutch to a mesh run my grandad made for him. To be fair we were probably terrible at carrying such a big rabbit when we were so young Laughing

I agree, Baby Bell could be a cute name, Belle as in beauty and all that. I've given pets some dreadful names in my time, but as I got older I chose some pretty cool ones. Cynthia the rabbit and Edith and Wilma the guinea pigs were favourites of mine Smile

Admin
Admin

https://budgie.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  chick pea Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:38 pm

Cor glad we got all that worked out and it is so good to know that you are a real person Janet. Mistakes are easily made with computers nowadays. I think we have gotten so used to them that we dont always check what we are doing as we did when we were new at it all, Anyhow I have some exciting news to tell you all.............

We Have Two Bunnies........yay they are just beautiful and we are all so in love with them both. They are four month old New Zealand white does. White as snow with pink eyes and tall pinkish ears and very large already. We got them yesterday and they have settled in so quickly. They will need a bit of taming but are getting to know us already. They were well looked after but were confined to a normal sized cage.... in my opinion such big rabbits really need a large kennel type hutch which is what they now have. They have now realised how lovely is is to have a bit of freedom and a good scamper about. We had a job getting them back into their house yesterday as they were having so much fun. Today they were better at going in and out so they are learning already. It was so cute having them belting past the door and then charging back the other way every so often just skipping about just because they can !!!!

Aurelia is so pleased she came round after school not knowing they were there. She went out side to see what Grandad was doing he was just finishing off the door locking mechanism and didnt see them at first. Then one came hopping out and she was so over come Bless her. I said Aurelia this is your new Bunny she is called Bracken. She said oh Nanny Chick Chick, Bracken is so beautiful and is she is really mine ??? I said yes and look who is behind you as she turned round she saw the second one and just said oh wow theres two and threw herself at me hugging and kissing me !! I told her it was Aprilia's rabbit and she was called Willow. She rushed over to Aprilia hugging her and laughing to tell her she had her very own rabbit It was so lovely.

I ended up naming the rabbits as she already has a hen called Baby Blue (you will remember her Red she was such a delinquent hen when we first had her, she is still comical and gets up to all sorts but in a more grown up way). I didnt fancy a rabbit called pepper pig or scoobie doo so thought that was the best way of doing it. I will have to try loading up some pictures when I get a few moments. Just got to get my head around how to do it.
Sorry this is such a long post but know you would want all the inns and outs of it Red !!!

chick pea

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:54 pm

Aaaah that is wonderful! Smile Bless Aurelia she sounds such a cutey. I bet she will turn out to be such an animal lover, it seems she already adores them.

Wow I had to look up what breed of rabbit you have - it looks like they get ginormous!!! affraid More bunny to hug I guess haha! Smile Yes would love to see a picture of them, and I love the names, very pretty and unusual. It's lovely that their lives have improved so much already, and must be so nice to see them skipping about and having fun!

You have gigantic snails and rabbits now, you need to get a huge breed of chicken!! Laughing

I hope I haven't scared Janet off Neutral

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:59 pm

Also, somewhere amongst all the other FAQs in this thread there is a brief tip on uploading photos...

https://budgie.forumotion.co.uk/t17-updates-and-how-to-s-a-useful-place-for-new-members-to-start

It essentially says if you have a photobucket account (which is free) at http://photobucket.com/ you upload your photos to photobucket.

Once the photos are uploaded you then coppy the IMG code (which will look something like this, minus spaces:
[ IMG ] http ://i266.photobucket. com/albums/ii264/Red/day1.jpg [ /IMG ] ) and that should be it done!

Agh, I apologise for any spelling mistakes at the moment. My laptop is slowly dying and the keyboard is gammed up with budgie feathers and seed husks so typing is difficult! Laughing

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Janet2012 Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:16 pm

No Red you have not scared me off and I am sorry for what I typed I did not mean to cause any offence with whatever I typed !! No I have just been very budy right now and what with one thing and another the forum slipped my mind but I have checked in on the budgies often watching the cam. Chick pea your granddaughter sounds simply wonderful and your too rabbits sound lovely too I'm sure Ive said before I would love a rabbit or two but just dont have all the things needed for them yet. Your run sounds wonderful and perfect for two big eabbits I'm sure you are having lots of fun with them!

Janet2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:11 pm

Janet, so glad I hadn't offended you!! Smile Yes we know you didn't mean it all haha, glad to have you back Smile

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum