The forum for animal lovers!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We saw the girls today

Go down

We saw the girls today Empty We saw the girls today

Post  Admin Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:15 pm

We went over to my parents' today to drop my dad's pressies off whilst there was nobody home. I went to see the girls and boy have those chicks grown, I've only seen them once before! Sophie looks so much like Milly silent

They didn't have any food or water when I went which I was a bit peeved about. I filled their waterer up but the shed was locked so I had no access to food. I'm hoping my parents haven't gone on holiday and left them like that....I tried to get them out to hunt for some grubs but sheesh! Sophie is skittish and not one for picking up, and Ivy is even more scared of the world than Penny!! Rolling Eyes

I managed to get Elsie out though, although she was NOT impressed Laughing She doesn't like being stroked but she got used to me picking her up after a few times. It was cute having her pootling around the garden, although she didn't react when I called to her at all. We stole three baby eggs from the coop as well, mwahahaha! Smile

Admin
Admin

https://budgie.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

We saw the girls today Empty Re: We saw the girls today

Post  Admin Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:09 pm

Ah it seems my parents were on holiday, and had been for a week. Whilst they were gone my nana had been doing their water, but the hopper has a mysterious leak...it seems to completely empty in a few hours, but there's no sign of a leak or the ground being wet, which is very odd. I'd imagine it's being replaced soon though! Smile

As for the food, my dad had apparently forgotten to leave my nana a shed key so she had no way to get into the food! Rolling Eyes But they were fed mealworms and I fed them some greenery whilst I was there. None of them seem any worse for wear anyway! Smile

Next time we go up I want to try clicker train Elsie!

Admin
Admin

https://budgie.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down