The forum for animal lovers!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lenny gave us the run around today!

4 posters

Go down

Lenny gave us the run around today! Empty Lenny gave us the run around today!

Post  Admin Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:15 pm

Our sweet angelic and cuddly bunny Lenny was racing through everybody's gardens today and having the time of his life affraid

It turns out when he was fed last night we mustn't have closed and locked the front hatch properly (normally we lift the roof from the cage but yesterday it was tipping it down so we posted food through the front) so Lenny was able to barge the door open and run rampant around the neighbourhood! Laughing

He was lucky not to be taken by a fox (apparently Edge even saw next door's deaf and half-blind cat trying to hunt him!!) as we guess he could have been out all night. Our neighbour came around this morning bless her, she adores Lenny so was quite alarmed when he turned up in her garden! Edge ran around, gave Lenny a beetroot treat to keep him still then snatched him up and brought him back home Razz

I was expecting Lenny to be sulky when I went out earlier, after having the run of the neighbourhood. But he seemed quite relieved to be back, lounging on top of his warren and running to me for food when I went over to see him - spoiled bunny that he is Wink

cat (apparently that's a cat but it looks like a rabbit!!)

Admin
Admin

https://budgie.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Lenny gave us the run around today! Empty Re: Lenny gave us the run around today!

Post  Admin Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:00 pm

Lenny safe and sound, back chomping grass Laughing

Lenny gave us the run around today! Garden15

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Lenny gave us the run around today! Empty Re: Lenny gave us the run around today!

Post  Edge Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:47 pm

Glad we got the rascal back! I'll be extra careful with the gate next time!

Edge

Edge

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:31 pm

I think next door attracts escaped animals - since Lenny was in her garden she's had a lost and stranded cat and an Akita too!! Laughing

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Janet2012 Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:37 pm

Oh how scary for you I am glad you managed to get Lenny back I love his name too it does suit him Smile My grandfather had ferrets when I was a child he used to race them and one of those managed to esccape. I'm sure I was glad at the time they scared me something rotten.

Janet2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:44 pm

Thanks Janet, we were glad to have found him too!! I'm not sure if he'd have come back on his own...I'm glad he went into next door's garden and didn't slip through the gap in the fence at the bottom! Through there is woodland and overgrown with ivy, nettles and all sorts of weeds, there's not a chance we'd have got him back!

Ah see I adore ferrets and would love one / a pair one day! They need a lot of time and attention though, and training, but I think they are so cute - especially as babies!! Smile

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Janet2012 Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:53 pm

Well as long as I don't have to meet any ferrets you get that's ok!

I'd love to get a bunny one day I've never actually owned one. A lady I knew from work has a house rabbit and it's just adorable. Sits on your knee for cuddles just like a cat.

Janet2012

Back to top Go down

Lenny gave us the run around today! Empty Ferrets

Post  m1bov Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:25 pm

When I was a child (sometime mid last century) there was a chap lived nearby who always had a ferret or two running round inside his shirt.
He would use them to catch rats if you paid him, or rabbits for his dinner.

I spent some years during the WW11 evacuated to a North Welsh mountain farm where we had a lovely soft white ferret that was very tame.

m1bov

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:58 pm

Yes I thought that you could have working ferrets but wasn't sure. Is that what they did then, hunt vermin...?

When I was younger I used to be obsessed with WWII, studying it in history and such. I read all the fiction and non-fiction books I could get my hands on, and watched all sorts of documentaries and fiction films about the war with both my grandad's who shared my interest. I still find it fascinating now; my great grandma used to have an Anderson shelter in the bottom of the garden which I thought was awesome! Smile

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:53 pm

Lenny is seriously the cutest rabbit ever. I've had three rabbits in my life and none of them have ever been anything like he is. He's started crawling all over us when we sit in the run with him, he will hope onto my leg and just sit there being stroked! When I feed him he sits on my lap and I hold the bowl for him to eat out of, he is just so affectionate Razz

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down