The forum for animal lovers!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RIP my darling Penny-hen

2 posters

Go down

RIP my darling Penny-hen Empty RIP my darling Penny-hen

Post  Admin Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:23 pm

I can't believe this has come so soon after losing Lenny Sad

Edge and I went over to my parents' house today, and I of course went straight down to see the chickens. I said hi to Elsie and gave her a cuddle before plopping her to free-range in the garden, letting the other two newbies come out on their own as they're scared of people. Penny was upstairs in the house so I went to the side and opened the main door to say hi.

I knew immediately that something was wrong, and I called to my dad to say he needed to keep an eye on her as she was looking peaky. After watching her for a few seconds it became apparent she really wasn't well, and when I stroked her she didn't even move, which isn't like her at all Sad We lifted her out and I told my dad to go make a vet appt ASAP, we managed to book her in so bundled her in towel and rushed to the vets, which was due to shut in 15 minutes.

We had a lovely trip there. Penny-hen was on my lap wrapped in a towel, and as I groomed her eyebrows and the feathers just behind her comb and kissed her head, she was sleeping and very comfortable and warm. She behaved so well at the vets, but when the vets asked if we wanted to try anti-biotics I new it was a no go. Penny was putting up no fight at being touched, she wasn't walking, her feathers were ruffled and droopy, and she hadn't eaten in the last 24 hours judging by her crop. I didn't want her to suffer anymore.

We gave her kisses and hugs and told her how special she was, and she was PTS.

Rest in peace darling girl, be happy that you are back with your sisters and my baby Milly-babe xxx

Admin
Admin

https://budgie.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

RIP my darling Penny-hen Empty Re: RIP my darling Penny-hen

Post  Janet2012 Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:17 pm

Oh red I am so sorry to hear that what bad luck you have been having recently my heart goes out to you and eEdge. I kniw how much you love your chickens and I'm sure Penny knew how much you loved her. How old was she?

Janet2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:49 pm

Well we worked out she was over 10 years old including the age we got her at, so it's a fantastic age for a chicken...and I'm really glad I was there for her at the end. Thank you Janet Smile

Admin
Admin

https://budgie.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down