The forum for animal lovers!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rest in peace our darling Lenny-Lou

3 posters

Go down

Rest in peace our darling Lenny-Lou Empty Rest in peace our darling Lenny-Lou

Post  Admin Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:25 pm

We had a horrific day yesterday. A Jack Russell came in through the fencing that our landlord has so far refused to fix (the one the Akita came through also) and somehow managed to get into Lenny's metal run. We have no idea how. The doors were all closed, there were no upturned bricks and not enough soil for the dog to dig under. The dog had somehow managed to bend some of the metal in its desperation to break in, but the gap was very small.

Lenny put up a ferocious fight in keeping away from the dog, but it got him while we were there Sad Lenny died in my arms within minutes, surrounded by me and Lyle. I sat on the couch with him in a blanket for about an hour afterwards sobbing, and we gave him a lovely burial where the bedroom used to be in his run. We plan to put something special there in his memory.

Lenny was a mere 10 months old at the time of his death, and he was without a doubt the best rabbit in the world. He loved our company, played games, was stroppy and could do tricks. He will be sorely missed and it was a horrific way for him to go, but we are so pleased to have known him, however heartbroken we are now Sad

We tied the JRT outside and phoned the dog warden, who was insensitive when he came but did tell me that the owners would be told their dog was a dangerous dog and must be kept on-lead and muzzled in public. The dog was straying and lived opposite us Sad The owners came around and apologised and offered to buy us another rabbit, which we declined. She also said they were having the dog PTS, which we didn't want at all, but it was obvious they didn't care for the dog...it absolutely stank and was filthy...

Goodbye Lenny, I hope you know how much you were loved and will be missed xxx

Admin
Admin

https://budgie.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Rest in peace our darling Lenny-Lou Empty Re: Rest in peace our darling Lenny-Lou

Post  Janet2012 Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:07 pm

Oh no oh red that is so horrible I feel so sorry for you all! How horrible to have to witness that and have it happen at all. Lenny was such a lovely rabbit I know from all the photos and stories you have shared and he had a good life with you. My thoughts are with you all.

Janet2012

Back to top Go down

Rest in peace our darling Lenny-Lou Empty Re: Rest in peace our darling Lenny-Lou

Post  Admin Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:07 pm

Thanks for your condolences Janet, he was a wonderful little guy and we loved him very much I love you

Admin
Admin

https://budgie.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Rest in peace our darling Lenny-Lou Empty :(

Post  Edge Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:06 pm

I was absolutely heart broken, loved that bunny...

I feel so lucky that we got him, even if it was all cut short.

RIP Lenny x

Edge

Back to top Go down

Post  Janet2012 Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:48 am

Edge my condolensces to you too of course we all knew how much Lenny was loved and how special he was to you.

Janet2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down