The forum for animal lovers!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post photos of your pups here!

3 posters

Go down

Post photos of your pups here! Empty Post photos of your pups here!

Post  Admin Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:24 pm

As usual, here is a soon-to-be-sticky where people can post photos of their dogs, and themselves if wanted! Please feel free to tell us a little about your dog/s and why they are so special to you Smile

To get the ball rolling, here are some photos of Kasper. Kasper is our 2 year old Collie x Springer Spaniel that we adopted over a year ago. He had been treated badly before he came to us, so we spent the last year counter-conditioning him to all sorts of things (the words 'naughty' and 'no', men, the vacuum etc), training him up (he now knows lots of very humorous commands!) and giving him basic obedience, such as recall.

One of my favourite photos of him

Post photos of your pups here! Sh17

He loooves to lie in puddles, ponds, lakes and bogs!

Post photos of your pups here! Offlead12

Very tired after a big run around in the woods

Post photos of your pups here! Offlead15

Covered in mud, but happy!

Post photos of your pups here! Last7-1

And on holiday Smile

Post photos of your pups here! Hols49

Red

Admin
Admin

https://budgie.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post photos of your pups here! Empty Re: Post photos of your pups here!

Post  Admin Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:03 am

I decided to post photos of some of our dog walks too, seeing as they are a very important aspect of our lives Very Happy

Edge and Kasper playing fetch (Kasper will only play fetch in boring fields where there is nothing better to do!) when we lived in Stoke

Post photos of your pups here! Allergy16

The Nature Park we used to live near; told you he loves to swim, the grottier the water the better Rolling Eyes

Post photos of your pups here! C3

Still in stoke, enjoying running like a loon!

Post photos of your pups here! Boo24

Where we lived two houses back (the last two houses were hovels so we didn't stay long!)

Post photos of your pups here! New6

Enjoying the snow Smile

Post photos of your pups here! Oneyr20

Chasing a pheasant on the moor

Post photos of your pups here! Neck17

Posing on the moor - omg look at that tongue!! Laughing I love you

Post photos of your pups here! Neck20

And running in the woods here Smile

Post photos of your pups here! Offlead7

Yeah, I love to post pics of my mutt!

Red

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:08 pm

I managed to find some photos of a very special dog to me. She was called Ellie and was a Collie x GSD. She lived with my Aunt & Uncle, but they never wanted a dog it was just a relative died.

Ellie was absolutely gorgeous. She was trained impeccably; she didn't pull on lead, she could be walked anywhere off-lead, she had magnificent recall, she loved to play rough and would so softly place her teeth around your hands so as not to hurt you. She loved to run and go crazy, she loved long walks and found great fun in playing fetch. She was just a perfect dog.

Unfortunately a few years ago she suffered a stroke at the age of roughly 13. Me and Edge returned from university to sit and care for her as the family had gone on holiday. She made an amazing recovery and fought valiantly, however she died about a year later. She passed away on the same day that I was going to meet Kasper for the first time.

Here is Ellie as an old girl

Post photos of your pups here! Fb1-1

And a slightly younger Ellie

Post photos of your pups here! DSCF6659

Red

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:41 pm

We gave Kasper a magazine to shred, and wow he had fun! Here's what we were left with Laughing

Post photos of your pups here! Birds20

And having a cuddle with his mummy and daddy Rolling Eyes

Post photos of your pups here! Birds21

Finally, to show how well playing the LAT game has done, this is day 4 of having budgies. They're on the table in the big cage you can see in the background, whilst Kasper looks like the calmest dog in the world Very Happy

Post photos of your pups here! Birds23

Red

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:14 pm

I fell asleep on the couch today with the dog and Lyle got a photo Shocked How is it the dog needs as much room as I do?! Laughing

Post photos of your pups here! Clean4

Red

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Edge Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:11 am

Razz He's such a dope bless him!

Edge

Edge

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:43 pm

Kasper in the middle of playing tuggy Laughing

Post photos of your pups here! Rain2

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:49 pm

Not my dog, but look what we found in our garden!!! affraid

Post photos of your pups here! Akita

A HUGE Akita girl!! I noticed Kasp was getting excited at the fence, and thought I saw a cat. Nope, too big for a cat...oh my god it's the Akita that's often straying around here! My first thought was for Lenny so I raced out, but he was fine. Lyle took Kasper inside and I opened the gate to see the Akita.

I was a little anxious at first because Akita's are big, but oh bless her she was so sweet. She was like how Kasper used to be, very unsure and submissive. She was scared of Lyle, but after a few minutes work she calmed down. If I moved too quickly towards her she would cower and she had no idea at all how to play Sad She really wanted to though bless her. She didn't know any commands but took the food so gently. She was underweight under all the thick fur so I gave her a meal

Post photos of your pups here! Akita1

She was here for over an hour whilst Lyle tried to phone someone to come get her, as she strays a lot, and she was in heat so it's really not a good idea!! But the RSPCA don't pick up dogs, the dog warden doesn't work on Sundays / Mondays (it was Sunday when she was here) so couldn't help us until Tuesday!!! Lyle phoned the non-emergency police, who said they couldn't help but the dog warden had to, it was his job, so Lyle phoned the dog warden again and was again told there was nothing anybody could do until Tuesday... Rolling Eyes

Eventually I put the Akita on a lead and walked around asking if anyone knew where she lived. Eventually found her house and her owner yelled her in, the Akita sunk low with tail between her legs...I felt really bad but there was nothing else I could do Sad

I honestly would have had her, she was such a dote and really calm and loving

Post photos of your pups here! Akita2

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Janet2012 Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:40 pm

She llooks lovely and like she was so happy with you its a shame you couldn't keep her.

Janet2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:05 pm

She was gorgeous, I really would have kept her had it been possible. She did seem fine with Kasper too, although it was through a fence! Ah well, if it happens again we'll do our best to contact services and see if they could help her...

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down